Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Posts, 1/6/17



It's that time again! It's time to participate in the many memes happening on Fridays. :)



Six Word Summary is hosted by the (book) supplier. The idea of the meme is to summarize a book using only six words. 

This Friday's Six Word Summary is for...


Newes from the Dead by Mary Hooper:

Hanged for murder but still alive. 


What do you think? Does this summary intrigue you?
 



Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader. The idea is to share a sentence or so from the first page and the 56th page of the book you are currently reading!
http://images.gr-assets.com/books/1312024453l/2097938.jpg
Beginning: It is very dark when I wake. This isn't frightening in itself, because most of the year I rise in darkness, Sir Thomas insisting that as much of the house as possible be put in order before any of the family is about. It is the quality of the darkness that is strange; blacker than black, soft and close about me.


Page 56: We are told often enough when we begin work as maids that gentlemen may try and take advantage of us, and we must therefore be sober in our discourse and never gay, so that they may not think we are open to levity.


I finally finished my first book of the year. This was an interesting tale based on an actual event of Anne coming back to life after being hanged. You can catch my review here if you are interested to learn more. 




 The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Every Friday, a question is asked and bloggers hop around to check out everyone's response. Here's this Friday's response:

Where's your favorite place to read?

Answer: On the couch in my living room. It has great lighting and footrest. This is a great place to read when everyone is sleeping because no one is around trying to turn on the TV. My second choice will be my bed. It is very comfy but I tend to fall asleep every time I try to read there. 


Thanks for visiting my blog!!!

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, I wonder about that creepy darkness...I'm already a little nervous. Sounds good, though. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine:
    “THE WOMAN IN CABIN 10”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...If you only knew the reason behind the darkness too.

      Delete
  2. Wow...that header jumped right out at me. :-) My recliner is my favorite place to read too.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want a recliner. Too bad we don't have room for one.

      Delete
  3. A footrest is crucial to a comfy reading spot! I've tried to hang my feet over a chair arm and they always end up going to sleep! I read in bed most of the time but the couch sounds pretty great! Your first book of the year sounds interesting and creepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I sometimes hang my feet over the chair as well, but I hate it how fast my legs go to sleep.

      Delete
  4. Not sure how to feel about the subject of the 56... might make for a good story though. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The writing pulls you right along and the premise is fascinating.

    My Friday 56 from 77 Shadow Street

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that sounds really good! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete