Monday, June 17, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays #46



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My teaser:




"There used to be more of us. I'm certain of this. Not enough to fill a sports stadium or even a movie theater, but certainly more than what is left today. Truth is, I don't think there's any of us left. Except me. It's what happens when you are a delicacy. When you're craved. You go extinct."

Opening lines from The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda



I couldn't keep it to only just two lines. I felt the whole first paragraph was such a great opening teaser.

I am currently listening to this book on audio and it is going very well. I'm quite enjoying it a lot more than I thought. My review of this should be up by the end of the week :)

7 comments:

  1. There used to be more of us. Delicacy. Craved. Extinct. All those words got me curious to know what on Earth is going on. Awesome Teaser! Well chosen.

    I haven't listened to an Audiobook before. Not sure if I could remain as focused as when I read it myself. Good on you for trying.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice tease! Sounds like an intriguing read!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tease, definitely made me intrigued. Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my- the cover plus your tease has me freaking out on the inside. What does he mean a delicacy?

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome teaser. I am definitely intrigued now :)

    ~Jenn @ Book Jems

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree... the whole paragraph is a GREAT tease!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting teaser!

    Here's My Teaser Tuesday!!!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete