Monday, June 24, 2013

Book-to-Movie: World War Z


Just came home after watching World War Z. I was hesitant at first to watch this film because it obviously did not look like it stayed true to the book. But, I do love zombie films and I do enjoy watching Brad Pitt that I gave in.

This movie was action packed. It started off with a small family scene that immediately escalated to intensifying scenes. Brad's character was trying to escape the madness of the zombies while trying to protect his family. He was soon needed for his expertise of locating things and was sent to find the main source of the zombie disease as well as a cure.


I know that this film had major issues when it was filmed. The majority of the scenes had to be reshot. I did not differentiate between what was original and what was reshot. I was completely hooked-in the film with all of the thrilling action that was happening that I did not realize of any changes in the film.

This film did not have much of a complete plot but the action made up for it. My favorite part of the film had to be the medical facility scene. It had the scare factor of the dark hallways that had me holding on to my little sister and covering my eyes a few times (yes, I could be a big chicken).

So, how was this film like the book?

Pretty much nothing, just like I suspected it would be.

Other than sharing the title, the other few things that the film shared with the book was that it had zombies and the main character was trying to find the source of the zombie disease outbreak.

In the book, Max Brooks was the main character who went around the world trying to document how the zombie disease spread across the globe and was trying to find the origin of the source. The book was filled with interviews that brought together the "documentation."

Other than the fact that the film deviated from the book, I did liked it a lot. It was not the best film but it did have me hooked and scared. I give it:

3 comments:

  1. Ha! that's funny, my friend Jen from "At Random" saw this movie last night! She texted me after and said it was good.
    I didn't even know it was a book! I am not a huge Zombie fan so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book reads like a history book. Is very non-fiction like, which I'm not too keen on. The book is very well written but I did have a harder time staying focused on it because it was like a non-fiction book.

      Delete
  2. This is what I have heard from most people, but I loved the book, so I was hoping it would be similar :/

    ReplyDelete