Monday, April 8, 2013

Review: Bad Boys Ahoy! by Sylvia Day

18+

Synopsis: Oh, those naughty rakes. With their wicked winks, sensual smiles, and bad boy habits, you just can't take them out in polite society. But, who wants to go out when you can stay in...?

My thoughts: It has been a while since I've read a Sylvia Day book and this one has been on my shelf for a few years now. I am so glad that I finally got the chance to read it. I was hesitant at first because I am not a big fan of anthologies but I took my time with this one and made sure to enjoy each of the three stories.


"Stolen Pleasures" was a great opener. I greatly enjoyed how Sebastian Blake, the Earl of Merrick aka Captain Phoenix, captured a merchant ship only to find out that the female onboard was his new wife, Olivia. Yes, it was all fast and sudden and I quite believed that these two had "lust at first sight" instead of love, but I couldn't help but giggle at their actions and just enjoyed how the two interacted. The love scenes were also very steamy.

Next was "Lucien's Gamble." This too was an enjoyable read and like the first, it was all too sudden for it to be true love. I didn't mind so much though because the chemistry between the two characters was exciting. I kept wanting to trade places with the heroine since Lucien was described as a love god. Besides, what he did to Julienne would make anyone blush.

The last story, "Her Mad Grace," was my least favorite of the three but it was still a good way to pass the time. I liked the mystery attempt of this story and I liked how the hero Hugh matured in this one compared to how he was in the second story. I was not too amazed with Hugh and Charlotte's relationship, but hey...they appeared more real to me than all of the other characters (it's probably why I least enjoyed this, lol).

All three stories were related to each other and were quite fun. By taking my time with this book, I was able to concentrate on each story and come to appreciate each one for what it was. I rate this anthology:

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment