Friday, February 1, 2013

January's Wrap-Up, Plans for February


What a hectic month, especially the first month of a new year. I did get a few reads made :)

I read:

1. Wisteria by Bisi Leyton (4 stars)
2. Paris: A Love Story by Kati Marton, read by Kathe Mazur (1 star)
3. “Facts Concerning the Late Arthur Jermyn and His Family” by H.P. Lovecraft (4 stars)
4. Rise of the Fire Tamer by Kailin Gow (3 stars)
5. Life After Phantom by Samantha (1 star)
6. Happy Accidents by Jane Lynch (read by her) (4 stars)
7. Heart of the Ocean by Heather B Moore (4 stars)
8. Dying to Run by Cami Checketts (4.5 stars)
9. Dead Running by Cami Checketts (4 stars)
10. UnWholly by Neal Shusterman (4.5 stars)


I also had a great RAK month.  I got three ebooks:
 

I gave two RAKS:



Plans for February

My goal is to really start focusing on my finances because I will be moving out next year on my own for the first time. It is a scary thought but I am super excited to do that. At the same time, I am studying to take my CBEST and finding ways how to go back to school for my teaching credential. But I still pland to read ;)

Here's what I have so far:

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Talisman of El by Alecia Stone
The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
Beautiful Creatures Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Showstoppers & Three Sisters by Helen Smith

So what do you have planned for February?

4 comments:

  1. I think you did great for the month!
    I see you had a couple of 1 stars in there :(

    Do you plan on living in the same area? Close to home?

    I have already read Showstoppers and Three Sisters (pretty good and quick!)
    I am reading Beautiful Creatures right now - loooong. but it is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to live in the same area so I could stay close to work. My family will also be moving next year because the house we are living in is going to be sold. I'm not sure where my family is going but I decided not to go with them. I am 26 and I feel that it's time for me to be on my own.

      Delete
  2. I know, we're getting used to the new year and everything else after the holidays. I only read 4 books last month, not a great one. I set my goal for 7 this month. It doesn't look like a lot, I see 7 and think the month has 28 days, but I'm a slow reader and I don't read all day. I'm reading Interred and it's really good so far.
    I've been meaning to read Shusterman's series but I haven't been able to start with the first book. 4.5 stars means it should be good.

    Rivie @ Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you are still reading. Many of my friends have not touched a book in years.

      The UnWind series is great. I gave the first book 5 stars and the second book was good too. You should check it out :)

      Delete