Sunday, January 6, 2013

Audiobook Review: Paris, A Love Story by Kati Marton

Synopsis: This is a memoir for anyone who has ever fallen in love in Paris, or with Paris -- and for anyone who has ever had their heart broken or their life upended.

My thoughts: I'm not going to spend too much time with this review. I did not like this audio at all. It was dull and shallow.

This is Kati Marton's memoir of how she went to Paris as an escape and fell in love many times. She was an adulteress and someone who was self-absorbed. I do feel sorry for her loss with her late husband but I could not feel sorry for the karma that fell upon her for the actions she did.

This could have been very exciting since the idea of it was pretty interesting, but the way it was written was not good. Though I listened to the audio, I could tell that Marton lacks the skill of story telling, even if it's her own life. Also, Kathe Mazur, the reader of this audio, was very boring. Her voice stayed monotoned the whole time.

I kept zoning out and feeling irritated. I only listened to half of it before skipping to the last 10 minutes of the audio. It's sad that my first audio for 2013 had to be a let down. I give this book:

1 star

No comments:

Post a Comment